GINGER PEAR CROSTATA
A season less staple when hosting, a crostata is the easiest way to impress. Switch up the pear for peaches in spring or for berries in the winter to keep this recipe in rotation all year long.
For the dough:
- 1 1⁄2 cups cassava flour @ottosnaturals
- 1 tablespoon monkfruit @lakanto
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons ghee
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup ice water
- 1 large egg, beaten, for egg wash
For the filling
- 1/3 cup monkfruit
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon @evermill
- 1 tablespoon zested or minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 Pears, thinly sliced
Method:Preheat the oven to 400ºF / 200ºC
Mix flour, monkfruit and salt.
In a separate bowl combine the vinegar and water.
Slowly pour into the flour mix.
Add the ghee and knead and shape into a round.
Mix the ingredients for the filling minus the pear.
Spread the filling into the center of the dough leaving a 2” border.
Fan out the thinly sliced pears and fold in the dough.
Brush the egg wash and bake 20-30 min.